Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE CAN I BUY A CAKE/DESSERT FROM GAIA SWEETS?
Our 'shop' is purely online, so every cake and dessert is custom made for you from scratch! Be sure to browse our Online Store for our current range of flavours! Please order your custom cakes or desserts in advance, either online or over the phone, and collect your order via:
Pickup: From Bicton, WA (free) - by appointment only
Delivery: We offer delivery up to 25km from Bicton, WA. Please see delivery fees below.
HOW DO I CONTACT GAIA SWEETS?
Please feel free to contact us via phone or email:
Phone: 0425 856 004
HOW DO I ORDER?
To place an order, please either contact us (see above), or visit our quick and easy Online Store here!
Please provide at least 48 hours notice for all custom cake orders. When checking out (for online orders), please specify your preferred date and time for Pickup (Bicton, WA - by appointment), or Delivery. For last minute orders, get in touch to see if there are any extra cakes 'setting' in the fridge:
Note: We are closed Sundays.
To Order Online:
- Please visit our new Online Store and choose from our yummy range of cakes and treats (Credit/Debit Card or Paypal payments are accepted online).
- Once you have selected your favourite cake flavour and size, click 'Add To Cart', and then head to your 'Shopping Cart' to Checkout.
- During Checkout you will be able to choose from 'Free Pickup (Bicton, WA)' or a number of delivery options (see below for delivery fees).
HOW MUCH DOES DELIVERY COST?
Deliveries are ONLY available between 11am-1pm daily. We can deliver up to a maximum of 25km from Bicton, WA. If you are ordering online, you will be able to choose from the three delivery options listed below.
- <15km from Bicton: $15 flat fee
- 16-20km from Bicton: $20 flat fee
- 21-25km (max) from Bicton: $25 flat fee
Note: We are no longer providing delivery to Perth City/CBD unless there is guaranteed parking provided nearby, sorry for any inconvenience.
WHAT CAKE SIZES/SERVINGS ARE AVAILABLE?
All Cheesecakes are available in 6" (15cm), 8" (20cm) size, and a larger 12" (30cm) cake size. The pricing of each flavour varies, so please visit our Online Store for more information. Below is a guide only for generous serving sizes, this can vary depending on how large/small servings are cut:
- Small 6" (15cm) - serves 6-8
- Medium 8" (20cm) - serves 12-16
- Large 12" (30cm) - serves 24-32+
WHAT DOES VEGAN MEAN?
Being vegan is a way of life that excludes the use of animals for food, clothing and other purposes. This encompasses a plant based diet which is free from dairy, eggs, honey and any other products derived from animals. Motivations can be health related or out of concern for animal welfare and the environment. These days vegan food is not just for vegans, there is a vast array of delicious dishes and desserts that everyone can enjoy, while helping nurture their bodies and the environment.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS GLUTEN FREE?
All Gaia Sweets products are made with all gluten free ingredients and precautions are taken against contamination. However, they are made in a kitchen that does cook with gluten, thus it cannot be guaranteed that products are 100% gluten free.
ARE THERE ANY NUT-FREE OPTIONS?
Unfortunately, all of our cakes and bliss balls currently have nuts, although peanuts can be omitted in a few flavours (still a risk of contamination though). Please contact us for further information or an ingredients list.
ARE YOUR CAKES/DESSERTS SUGAR-FREE?
My desserts are all refined sugar-free (i.e. no cane sugar etc.) but I still use un-refined sugars. I primarily use dates, but also unrefined maple syrup and coconut nectar where necessary for texture/taste. There is a lot of evidence for and against each sweetener, so its hard to get accurate information. I have decided to stick to sweeteners such as dates, which are minimally processed and contain the most amount of nutrients, while still adding that delicious sweetness required by a great cake! Also, each dessert recipe has been specially crafted based on each ingredient, and sometimes the dates are required to help hold it together! In a cake free from dairy, eggs, gluten and any animal products, every ingredients counts :)
- A note on Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) - a Brazilian plant with sweet green leaves. Unfortunately, the white powders in the supermarket may be sweet but only have minute amounts of the true Stevia leaves, mixed with an assortment of toxic chemicals. Green Stevia powder is harder to come by, but seems to be a lot healthier in its pure form. However, this comes with a very strong aftertaste that does not lend itself well to cooking!
- Sugar alcohols (i.e. Erythritol, Xylitol) are often seen as the greatest alternative to sugars by the health food community, as they do not have a dramatic effect on blood sugar levels. However, the intense manufacturing process involving the heavy metal, nickel, leaves me skeptical. I believe the quality of what you put into your body should trump this fear of calories, which is the energy that keeps us alive!
Overall, I believe in keeping sweet foods as a treat for special occasions, and at Gaia Sweets I aim to provide the healthiest, most nutritious desserts possible, avoiding all the nasties such as dairy, cane sugar, white flours and even gluten, whilst being cruelty free. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.
Disclaimer: As dates are used to sweeten Gaia Sweets products, the occasional date pip may be present, despite every effort taken to avoid this.
ARE YOUR CAKES RAW?
All Gaia Sweets Cheesecakes are 'unbaked' but they are not 100% raw. My cakes and desserts are full of high quality, nourishing ingredients (i.e. nuts), and I endeavor to cook with minimally processed, healthy ingredients. The primary aim of Gaia Sweets is to provide a healthy vegan alternative that rivals 'normal' desserts.